£33 - £35 per hour
12 days ago
Our client, Blackpool Council is looking for a Social Worker to join their "Supporting Our Children" team
Supporting Our Children: We are recruiting additional staff to the Supporting Our Children Team. As a Social Worker within the team you would be responsible for providing a quality service to the children in our care, providing a high quality of work in relation to court proceedings, and ensuring the right outcomes for our children. The team works with children whose long term plan is to remain in care whilst ensuring constant review looking at reunification and SGO possibilities. We are currently embarking on an exciting new structure that will see all court proceedings following initial hearing being worked within this service. As a social worker in the team we will be expecting commitment, drive and ambition for Our Children and in return will provide good working environment, high levels of support and manageable caseloads.
Candidates must be able to meet the following criteria:
- Experience and demonstrable skills in engaging children/young people through a variety of direct work methods
- At least 2 years' experience in statutory children's social work
- Good understanding of safeguarding children processes
- Experience of court work
- Experience of managing a varied and complex case load
- Ability to write concise,fit for purpose reports/court statements and ability to maintain up to date and accurate records.
- Ability to work as part of a team.
- Experience of inputting into children's services data systems (Mosaic;ICS)
- Ability to be flexible, resilient and reflective.
* Degree in Social Work or equivalent qualification
* Registration with Social Work England
* ASYE completed
Benefits of working with Remedy
* A personal one-one service from your highly experienced dedicated consultant.
* Top tier supplier across London giving us first access to jobs
* Referral bonus - up to £250* per person placed.
* Double payrolls each week.
*Terms & Conditions apply
You will be required to fully register with Remedy for all locum positions.
To be considered for this role, please apply with your CV on the social care team.
Remedy Social Care is a REC Standard agency and is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of the vulnerable. Successful applicants will be required to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure via the DBS. Our objective is to be an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications from everyone with suitable skills and ability regardless of race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, gender, disability, sexual orientation, age, religion or belief. All applications will be accepted and reviewed solely on merit.