£30 - £32 per hour
24 days ago
Our client, Blackburn and Darwen is looking for a qualified social worker to join their Children in care team.
he candidate will hold a current Social Work England registration and have at least 2 - 3 year post qualification experience, ideally in statutory front line social work with Local Authority/ies in looked after children team/s.
You will be a car driver and have good I.T. skills, with previous use of Protocol Liquid Logic system an advantage but not essential.
* A recognised social work qualification ( MA/BA Social work, DipSW or equivalent)
* Social Work England registration
* Ability to identify children in need and/or risk of abuse
* Ability to work as part of a team and have good communication skills.
* Ability to work across cultures
* Ability to be able to maintain accurate records on I.T. system
* Ability to manage a caseload and prioritise work
* Ability to undertake child protection enquiries and determine the needs of and level of risk to children
* Skills in communicating with parents, carers and children
* Knowledge and understanding of Looked After Children's health and educational needs
* An ability to involve service users and professionals in a planning and review process.
* Ability to work flexibly in order to meet the demands of the job.
* Access to/use of a vehicle is an essential requirement.
* This post is exempt under the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974. Due to the sensitive nature of the duties of the post holder will be expected to undertake a criminal record check as part of the recruitment process.
* Degree in Social Work or equivalent qualification
* Registration with Social Work England
* ASYE completed
Benefits of working with Remedy
* A personal one-one service from your highly experienced dedicated consultant.
* Top tier supplier across London giving us first access to jobs
* Referral bonus - up to £250* per person placed.
* Double payrolls each week.
*Terms & Conditions apply
You will be required to fully register with Remedy for all locum positions.
To be considered for this role, please apply with your CV on the social care team.
Remedy Social Care is a REC Standard agency and is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of the vulnerable. Successful applicants will be required to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure via the DBS. Our objective is to be an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications from everyone with suitable skills and ability regardless of race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, gender, disability, sexual orientation, age, religion or belief. All applications will be accepted and reviewed solely on merit.