Birmingham, West Midlands
£28 - £32.33 per hour
about 2 months ago
Our client, Birmingham Children Trust is looking for a Senior social worker to join their Adoption team.
- A minimum of 3 yrs post qualifying experience in child and family social worker frontline practice including with some experience of adoption case management
- Direct experience of assessment of prospective adoptive families using the Prospective Adopter Report Coram BAAF paperwork
- Familiarity with Early Permanence and dual approval as foster carers and the risk issues this brings
- Ability to deliver Rule 14 reports and attend court with increasing rates of contested adoptions
- Good understanding of the needs of today's children who are needing an adoptive family placement with understanding of the prevalence of issues of pre birth substance and particularly alcohol exposure, DV and mental health needs of birth family members
- Ability to prepare adoptive applicants for parenting children who have developmental trauma and loss issues with understanding of impact on potential resistance to building trusting relationships with carers
- Experience of matching and supporting prospective adopters as they transition to adoptive family life.
- The post holder will be required to travel within a radius of 50 miles of central Bham and car driver would be preferable
- Good IT skills to enable working remotely using both Eclipse and Microsoft teams / documents
* Degree in Social Work or equivalent qualification
* Registration with Social Work England
* ASYE completed
Benefits of working with Remedy
* A personal one-one service from your highly experienced dedicated consultant.
* Top tier supplier across London giving us first access to jobs
* Referral bonus - up to £250* per person placed.
* Double payrolls each week.
*Terms & Conditions apply
You will be required to fully register with Remedy for all locum positions.
To be considered for this role, please apply with your CV on the social care team.
Remedy Social Care is a REC Standard agency and is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of the vulnerable. Successful applicants will be required to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure via the DBS. Our objective is to be an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications from everyone with suitable skills and ability regardless of race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, gender, disability, sexual orientation, age, religion or belief. All applications will be accepted and reviewed solely on merit.