£30 - £33.50 per hour
4 months ago
This role is an ongoing contract to start asap. Duties will be;
1. To check all types of building regulations applications in a proactive manner and ascertain compliance with relevant current legislation and local service standards, together with producing schedules of defects and undertaking statutory and discretionary consultations as necessary.
2. To provide pre-application and ongoing advice in the promotion and understanding of the Building Regulations and construction related legislation.
3. To undertake both statutory and other site inspections relevant to the building work to ensure compliance with the Building Regulations and keep comprehensive and accurate site records as required.
4. To implement both informal and formal enforcement actions to breaches of the Building Regulations including unauthorised work, under direction from management.
5. To provide technical advice on all matters concerning the Building Regulations to external customers and other Council sections as required.
6. To deal with Initial Notices from Approved Inspectors and within statutory time limits.
7. To enforce dangerous structures legislation, under direction from management.
8. To respond to notifications of demolitions received in respect of the Building Act 1984.
9. To issue hoarding and scaffolding licenses under the Highways Act.
10. To undertake any other duties which may be required by the Head of Building Control Services and are commensurate with this post.