Behaviour Support Teaching Assistant Job | Severe Challenging Behaviour / Autism| Waltham Forest | September 2020
About the Role:
An excellent and challenging opportunity has come about in a welcoming and friendly school in the area of Waltham Forest offering one to one support with students with severe Challenging Behaviour in KS4/5.
Due to the nature of the pupil's needs it is essential that you can build a strong rapport with them and offer them continued and consistent support. When faced with supporting pupils presenting severe challenging behaviour, you will be required to offer pastoral support and care to the pupils whenever necessary. Therefore, the school are looking for someone who can act as a strong role model, who is consistent, resilient and confident.
What you'll need to succeed
- Must have experience of supporting pupils with Challenging Behaviour
- Confident working with pupils in KS4/5
- You will also have to be patient and have excellent communication skills
- Have a firm understanding of the UK National Curriculum
- You will also need to have demonstrated experience of running Interventions
- Experience supporting students with Special Needs and willingness to promote inclusion
- Strong Classroom Management Skills Innovative and resourceful assistance methods
- Flexible and adaptable approach to work
- Positive outlook
- Team Teach
If you would like to apply for this position please contact Renee and email your CV together with a brief cover letter outlining your experience working with children