Up to £450 per day
about 2 months ago
The Head of Mental Health leads the management of all services for people with mental health issues for the Council. The role is responsible for the delivery of these services within set budgetary parameters and for their on-going service improvement, and works with a range of internal and external partners to achieve effective outcomes for residents of Barnet.
The Mental Health service consists a range of teams that cover enablement, assessment, support planning, reviewing, safeguarding, hospital discharges, MCA and DoLS, and the AMHP service.
The Head of Mental Health will:
* Lead and be responsible for the management and performance of a large number of staff, a significant budget and for the effective discharge of key statutory duties in adult social care.
* Lead and manage the social care teams in their area of practice and provide professional leadership to the workforce.
* Lead and manage the partnerships on behalf of the delivery unit with Barnet Enfield and Haringey Mental Health Trust (BEHMHT), the CCG, Public Health, the Voluntary sector and other key associated organisations and departments.
* Take a leadership role to promote the social model of disability across the mental health system.
* Take a lead role in safeguarding and in the operation of the council's responsibilities in overseeing the Mental Capacity Act Deprivation of Liberty safeguards (DoLS) " Please do not inform any candidates it is for Barnet Council at this stage and that it is for a large north London local authority. Only once suitable candidates can been identified will we give permission for the employer to be disclosed.
If you are interested in this role please send your updated CV in the first instance.