Barking and Dagenham, London
£33324 - £37722 per annum
19 days ago
Our client London Borough of Barking & Dagenham are looking for a social worker to join their MASH team.
* To act as a member of a social work team providing social work services to children and their families, with the purpose of safeguarding and promoting their welfare.
* To discharge the Authorities responsibilities under the Children's Act 1989 & 2004 and other relevant legislation in respect of; children in need of protection and those in the care of the Local Authority.
* All post holders are expected to maintain professional standards of practice and to work in accordance with Social Work England standards and the Division's values, strategic objectives, procedures and managerial guidance.
Specific Accountabilities of the Role
* With appropriate supervision assess and provide services to children and families in need within the framework of relevant law, legislation and national and local guidance.
* To undertake high quality, analytical single assessments within statutory timescales, which are reflective of presenting concerns and responsive to identified unmet needs and/or risks.
* To undertake practice which is analytical and reflective and in which the child's voice is consistently heard and recorded. * To ensure that services are efficiently and effectively provided, liaising as necessary with other Council Divisions, Health, Education, Police, and other statutory, independent and voluntary sector providers.
* Working within the London Child Protection Procedures to undertake key work responsibilities for children subject to a child protection plan and children looked after by the Local Authority who are deemed to be at risk.
* To assess, advise and support Children and Families in need alongside Health, Education and Targeted Family Support colleagues to address unmet need and prevent statutory safeguarding intervention.
* Working with Care Planning regulations 2010, and in accordance with the Children and Families Act 2014, to execute statutory duties to children in care.
* To promote timely permanency planning for children in care, in accordance with the Adoption Act 2002.
* To enhance and promote continuing professional development in accordance with the Professional Capabilities Framework and registration requirements of the SWE. To undertake appropriate training and keep abreast of changes in legislation divisional procedures and development in professional practice.
* To contribute to the planning and development of the services provided by the team and promote the improvement of standards and quality assurance.
* To use ICT and ICS as required to maintain accurate case records, and to be able to report on key performance management data.
* To comply with the Service case recording guidance.
* To ensure that your Line Manager is kept fully appraised of any concerns arising from caseload and seek advice as and when necessary.
PLEASE DO NOT APPLY UNLESS YOU HAVE THE CORRECT EXPERIENCE - YOUR APPLICATION WILL NOT BE RESPONDED TO.
* Degree in Social Work or equivalent qualification
* Registration with Social Work England
* ASYE completed
Benefits of working with Remedy
* A personal one-one service from your highly experienced dedicated consultant.
* Top tier supplier across London giving us first access to jobs
* Referral bonus - up to £250* per person placed.
* Double payrolls each week.
*Terms & Conditions apply
You will be required to fully register with Remedy for all locum positions.
To be considered for this role, please apply with your CV on the social care team.
Remedy Social Care is a REC Standard agency and is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of the vulnerable. Successful applicants will be required to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure via the DBS. Our objective is to be an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications from everyone with suitable skills and ability regardless of race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, gender, disability, sexual orientation, age, religion or belief. All applications will be accepted and reviewed solely on merit.