Barking and Dagenham, London
£300 - £350 per day
about 1 month ago
- Contributes to supporting People and Resilience service, Barking and Dagenham and its partners in the planning, development, delivery and evaluation of health partnership policies and strategies. .
- Undertakes analysis of evidence in order to support effective incorporation of a public health evidence approach to strategy and policy across the Council and with its partners.
- Facilitates multi-agency public health working and communication with the public to support policy and strategy development.
- Facilitates multi-agency public health working and communication to support policy and strategy implementation.
Specific Accountabilities of the Role
- Identifies, with colleagues, areas of policy and strategy that require health evidence.
- Undertakes evidence-based reviews and supports the alignment of policy and strategy content and recommendations with the public health evidence-base.
- Provides specialised advice to public health teams and partners on evidence-based policy including primary care teams, Council officers, general practice and community groups in respect of health improvement activities and evidence-based practices.
- Facilitates communication with the public to support evidence-based policy and strategy development undertaking detailed public health policy analysis and public involvement engagement.
- To have a personal development plan which incorporates the enhancement of skills needed in public health practice.
- Communicable Disease. Assist in the response to outbreaks and emergencies when all the directorate is mobilised.
- Draft service level agreements and specifications as directed
Communication and relationship
- Excellent communications skills, both oral and written, are required to receive and analyse information. An ability to present information to non-specialist audiences and individuals where persuasion might be required.
- Communicate with and establish and maintain relationships with other members of the Public Health Team, a range of other groups or individuals seeking help, advice or information related to public health.
- Write and contribute to reports. These reports will vary in length and complexity and will range from informal summaries to detailed comprehensive reports. It will also be necessary for the post holder to be able to summarise these reports and disseminate their findings.
- The post holder will be involved in an element of teaching and training, as well as providing advice.
- Undertake complex presentations to large groups of 20 or more on statistical and health related matters to a variety of audiences.
This is an interim ongoing role. If you are interested in this role please send your updated CV in the first instance.