£70 - £90 per day
12 days ago
We are working with a primary school in Lewisham looking for teaching assistants who are experienced supporting children with Autism.
You will be assigned key SEN children who you will support in and out of the classroom, be responsible for tracking and assessing their progress, working closely with the SEN Inclusion Manager, teachers, parents and outside agencies.
Previous experience working in a school is ideal, but not essential. If you have experience working with Autism in another setting, such as a support worker, private tutor, nanny, sport coach, with family members, we want to hear from you!
Successful applicants will;
- Have previous experience supporting those with Autism
- Have SEN training and be confident creating IEP's
- Be passionate and dedicated to helping children with SEN
- Have excellent communication skills
- Have ABA training, be familiar with PECS and Makaton
The school can offer;
- Supportive staff and effective leadership
- Tailored provisions for individual SEN pupils
- Inclusive classrooms removing barriers to achievement
- A creative curriculum which engages the pupils
- Training and CPD courses
Why you should apply;
- Working with special needs is a very rewarding job, seeing children progress and grow in confidence because of your one to one support
- School hours give you a good work/life balance
- Opportunity to continue or potentially go permanent at the school if it is right for you
All applicants will be subject to Remedy Educations strict safeguarding processes.