£75 - £90 per day
2 months ago
SEN Teaching Assistant - Autism Specialist
Remedy Education are looking to recruit experienced or qualified Teaching Assistants to work in a specialist school for Autistic learners aged between 4-16. You will be assisting the pupils access their curriculum and helping the class teacher. Learners have a variety of additional needs and are on a wide range of the spectrum.
The school is based on a large site in Lewisham, accessed by good transport links and road networks and parking is offered on site.
The positions are full time Monday-Friday, working 8.30am-3.30pm, term time only and initially start on a temporary basis. There are permanent opportunities for the right candidate.
* Level 2 Teaching Assistant qualification is desirable
* Previous experience of working in special education needs or Autism
* Knowledge of communication strategies for non-verbal learners is desirable
Contract Details -
* Location - Lewisham, South East London
* Position - Teaching Assistant
* Contract Start Date - ASAP
* Contract Type - Temporary or Temp-Perm
* Minimum wage
To be eligible for this role through Remedy Education, you must -
* Hold right to work in the UK
* Hold an enhanced DBS certificate checked against Children & Adults on the update service or be willing to process a new application
* Provide at least two professional references
If you are interested in this role or would like any further information, please email
Remedy Education is acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. The successful candidate will be required to register with Remedy in order to fill this vacancy.