Greenwich, S. E. London, London, England
£75 - £85 per day
7 days ago
We are working with a mainstream Secondary school in Greenwich, South East London, who are looking for staff who are able to support students with special needs - in particular autism. They are looking for Teaching Assistants with experience of working with children/young adults with autism - whether your experience has been within a school or another setting. These roles will be starting ASAP long term and the trials will be taking place during the first week back.
SEN TA requirements:
- Have experience working with children with special educational needs, ideally using Makaton to support communication (desirable but not essential)
- Have experience delivering a differentiated Key Stage 3 and 4 primary curriculum and targeted interventions
- Have a strong academic background in English and mathematics
- Be a positive role model for the pupils
- Believe in high expectations and be committed to seeing that every child reaches their full potential
- Be a good team player
- Be able to inspire learning in and beyond the classroom.
As an SEN teaching assistant in this school, you will benefit from:
- Training offered from us at New Formation
- On-site training
- Supportive SEN team
- Competitive day rate!
- Ongoing support from your consultant
To apply for this SEN teaching assistant vacancy, please submit your application with your CV along with a short covering letter outlining your relevant experience. We look forward to hearing from you!