depending on experience
about 1 month ago
Remedy Recruitment Group are currently seeking a Assistant Team Manager- Children's Services.
You will need to be:
- SWE registered
- Eligible to work in the UK
- To be responsible for the effective operation of statutory services ensuring that children, young people and families who require statutory interventions are effectively safeguarded and that children looked after and care leavers receive the highest possible standards of care.
- To directly manage and supervise up to 5 social workers within the team to ensure all quality standards are consistently achieved; statutory obligations and procedures are met and there is compliance with team, service and corporate policies.
- To have experience of, or willingness to train in, a practice framework that is restorative and relational in approach and utilises systemic ideas and tools, working with and developing others.
- To consistently use the Newham practice model when assessing need and delivering interventions that includes working in a respectful, collaborative and professional manner with children and families that is focused on achieving good outcomes.
- To maintain regular reflective supervision in line with the Newham Supervision Framework and appraisal of direct reports ensuring timely decision-making, professional guidance and support, recognising good practice and areas of underperformance, with appropriate plans in place to address performance issues.
- To manage and facilitate regular group supervision that is restorative, relational and systemic in approach.
- To chair meetings such as core groups, child in need reviews, and care planning reviews to ensure plans safeguard and deliver the best outcomes for children and young people
- To produce high quality case/supervision records that are up to date, include rationale, reflects the Newham practice model, are clear, succinct and written so as the child, young person or family member can understand.
- To drive a continuous team performance and improvement culture through the establishment of team objectives and performance indicators. To work with peers to ensure performance and improvements are consistent across Children's Social Care.
- To create an environment of high support and high challenge enabling prompt and corrective action when outcomes and key performance indicators for children, families and care leavers are not being achieved in defined service areas and with peers across Children Social Care
Why Choose Remedy?
- Competitive pay rates
- Access to exclusive roles that aren't available from other agencies
- 1st tier agency
- Up to £250 for each social work professional you refer to us who we place*
If you are interested and would like to find out more please apply to this advert with a copy of your updated CV. Alternatively, please send your CV directly