£80 - £85 per day
12 days ago
ASD Teaching Assistant - Lambeth, South West London
Do you have a background in SEN?
Are you knowledgeable in ASD?
Our amazing school are looking for an ASD specialising teaching assistant with a positive, high-energy teaching style who isn't afraid to get involved and build bonds with their pupils. This school is based in Lambeth and has a need for an SEN teaching assistant to join their support team. This school specialises in Autism and their students are non-verbal and require personal care.
You will be working within the classroom support students throughout the day, you will assist the class Teacher with running the class and caring for the students.
- Building a strong relationship with the class teacher, fellow TAs and parents that allows you to communicate effectively with each other and the children
- To support children across all areas of learning and progression, including personal care
- Maintaining order within classroom alongside your teacher and keeping the children's learning environment safe and calm
- Providing high quality teaching assistance to children with ASD, tailoring said teaching to their specifications
- Planning activities for the children you will be working 1:1 with
- Safeguarding children at all times both inside the school and within the school grounds
- Aiding children in their learning without creating stress or pressure
- ASD experience and/or training
- DBS which is on the update service or be willing to complete a new DBS application
- Full time
- Long term to permanent postition
- Based within a school in Lambeth
- £75-85 a day
- Monday to Friday - 8.30am - 3.30pm
If you think you are the right person for the role then please apply now, you can also contact Sophie at Remedy for more information.