£130 - £180 per day
about 1 year ago
Long term perm
An Ofsted 'Outstanding' school within the London Borough of Greenwich are currently in need of a specialist ASD Teacher for a full time position in an KS2 class. The teacher MUST have a minimum of two years' experience working with ASD and/or complex needs. The successful candidate must hold QTS (Qualified Teacher Status) with a proven track record. You will join our caring and supportive specialist school where you will have access to experienced support staff and access to state of the art resources enabling you to deliver lessons that can engage students of all abilities. This is a great opportunity to give children with profound and multiple learning difficulties access to high-quality education.
The head teacher has stressed that the appointed individual must have a good understanding of Autism & behaviour difficulties. You will be working with a range of autistic children ranging on P Levels 2-4. The class is KS2 with 3 that are wheel chair users and all non verbal.
About the school
- An outstanding school in the London Borough of Greenwich offering education for 4-19 year-olds with highly specialised school for learners with autism, complex needs, PMLD, SLD and other needs.
- High quality education that inspires children to be as independent and enterprising as possible.
- Child-centred approach to teaching and learning.
- A safe, caring, and engaging environment that enhances pupil's educational and therapeutic development.
- Specialist workforce achieved through continual staff development.
- Ongoing reflection and evaluation of our practices, which are evidence-based and guided by current research.
- QTS (Qualified Teacher Status)
- ASD Teacher
- Preferable have good understanding of the EYFS curriculum
- Full time - 5 days a week
- 2+ years' experience teaching in a special needs school
- A sound knowledge and experience with Autism and complex needs
If you feel this may a position for you, then please apply accordingly and we look forward to hearing from you. Interviews and trials will be commencing ASAP.
Important Notice: In order to apply for the above position all applicants must be eligible to work in the UK, or eligible to apply for a relevant work visa. Safeguarding, quality and professionalism is at the heart of what we do. Applicants are required to attend a face to face interview, reference checks and an enhanced DBS disclosure. Remedy Education is committed to safeguarding the welfare of children and young people within education. All of our employees are trained in Safer Recruitment as standard. It is Remedy Educations policy, as a matter of courtesy, to respond to all applications within three working days. However, because of the volume of applications, we are sometimes unable to respond to individual candidates. If we have not contacted you within three working days your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion, please apply for any other position that you may see in the future.