£150 - £205 per day
6 days ago
ASD Teacher - Lewisham - September 2022
- ASD Teacher, September 2022 start
- Permanent and contract positions available
- Working with KS3/KS4 Students
- Excellent rates of pay (based on experience)
- ECT's/NQT's considered
- Lewisham, South East London Location
- Small class sizes and experienced TA's to offer additional support
Remedy Education are working in partnership with a fantastic, high achieving South East London Special Needs School. The school is looking for a passionate ASD Teacher to join their dynamic team in September 2022.
There are positions at school available in KS3 and KS4 classes - due to a the school expanding and taking on new pupils in September. The school is experienced in supporting ECT's throughout their induction and therefore this post is open to experienced and newly qualified educators.
The school are open to offering Permanent and Long term supply contracts.
This lively, happy School caters for pupils who have a diagnosis of ASC (Autism) and additional, associated needs. The school caters for just over 100 pupils in total, and has a fantastic team of experienced Teachers and SEN Teaching Assistants.
Class Sizes are maximum 10 students; with every class supported by an additional 3/4 TAs. The facility is modern and purpose built, with excellent resources and playgrounds equipped for interactive play.
Pupils at school are happy, safe and well supported by a fantastic team of Teachers, Support Staff and Senior Leaders. The SLT have worked incredibly hard to foster a warm, nurturing environment for every student where they are supported to reach their full potential. Class Teachers have a fantastic work/life balance and the school has very low staff turnover due to the incredible support provided.
As an ASD Teacher, you will be teaching a class of 10 pupils (maximum). You will be responsible for managing a team of highly experienced SEN Teaching Assistants and liaising with Therapists and Senior Leaders as appropriate.
You will plan, prepare and deliver engaging lessons that are appropriate for every child's individual needs and inspire a love of learning in your class.
The Ideal SEN Teacher will have:
- B.Ed/PGCE with Qualified Teacher Status (QTS)
- Clear, enhanced DBS check
- A proven track record of success teaching at EYFS, KS1 or KS2
- Experience teaching students with Special Needs (SEN)/ though not essential
- A passion for supporting pupils to reach their full potential
- Information for 2 education references
IF you are a ASD Teacher looking for a new challenge in September, please apply today or send your CV directly to Carly Walters at Remedy Education. Interviews will be arranged for successful applicants at the end of the month.