£70 - £90 per day
7 days ago
Long term perm
Do you have a background in SEN?
Are you knowledgeable in ASD?
An OFSTED rated 'Good' SEN primary school are looking for an ASD specialising teaching assistant with a positive, high-energy teaching style who isn't afraid to get involved and build bonds with their pupils. This school is based in Lambeth and has a need for an SEN teaching assistant to join their support team. This school specialises in Autism and their students are non-verbal and require personal care.
- The opportunity to amalgamate your knowledge with that of highly experienced teachers and TAs to grow your own skills
- Easy access via public transport, including trains and buses
- Free lunch every day with both a hot and cold option
- A role that will allow you to make a real difference to the lives of autistic children
- Building a strong relationship with the class teacher, fellow TAs and parents that allows you to communicate effectively with each other and the children
- To support children across all areas of learning and progression, including personal care
- Maintaining order within classroom alongside your teacher and keeping the children's learning environment safe and calm
- Providing high quality teaching assistance to children with ASD, tailoring said teaching to their specifications
- Planning activities for the children you will be working 1:1 with
- Safeguarding children at all times both inside the school and within the school grounds
- Aiding children in their learning without creating stress or pressure
- ASD experience and/or training
- Understanding of primary curriculum
- DBS which is on the update service or be willing to complete a new DBS application
They are looking for someone who can start immediately so if you are an ASD specialist SEN teaching assistant who wants to make a genuine difference to your school, please call Carly Walters at Remedy Education.