£140 - £180 per day
25 days ago
ASD Special Needs Teacher
Greenwich, South East London
Pay £150 - £180 per day
Salary is dependent on experience, training or qualifications. The minimum experience, training or qualifications required for this position: applicants must have experience of teaching ASD/SLD learners.
Contract dates: ASAP - ongoing
Remedy Education is recruiting for a Special Needs Teacher to join a special school for students with complex needs based in Greenwich. Roles here are on a full time basis, with a requirement needed in both the upper and lower school. Learners here are being taught the 'Semi formal' pathway, meaning that learners are working across a range of P-scales or with gaps or strengths in particular areas. Due to the nature of the classes in school, the Special Needs Teacher must have experience of working with children with Autism and severe learning difficulties.
A Special needs school for students with complex needs including, PMLD, SLD, SpLD, Autistic Spectrum and SEMH , based in Greenwich. Accommodating learners from 11 - 16, this school graded 'Outstanding' provides employees with access to state of the art facilities, and the luxury of highly skilled employees to work alongside.
To be considered for the Special Needs Teacher position, you will:
- Hold QTS
- Previous experience with SEN (SEMH, ASD / ASC, MLD, SLD, PMLD, complex needs)
- Be comfortable with personal care and students with medical needs (essential)
- Have excellent communication skills as well as strong literacy and numeracy skills
- Eligible to work in the UK (must have valid visa)
- Recent classroom-based references and valid DBS / police checks
Remedy Education is committed to safeguarding children, young people and vulnerable adults. We take our responsibilities extremely seriously. All staff we register will undertake thorough interviewing and referencing checks and hold, or be prepared to undergo, an Enhanced DBS check that must be registered on the Update Service.
Remedy Education offer:
As a valued employee of Remedy Education you will receive:
- Excellent daily rates paid weekly by our in-house Payroll team using the Pay As You Earn (PAYE) system.
- Guaranteed pay scheme (subject to availability and qualifying criteria).
- Pension contributions (subject to a qualifying period).
- Full compliance with AWR (Agency Workers' Regulations), to make sure you get the pay
- Generous refer a friend or colleague bonus scheme.
- Access to a dedicated consultant, who will provide ongoing support.
How to apply
If you are a Special Needs Teacher who can enthuse, motivate and engage students and would like the challenge of working in a demanding and rewarding environment, then we want to hear from you.
Apply today via this website, or for more information about this role and other opportunities across Remedy, please contact Carly Walters at Remedy Education on, 0208 418 1390.
Due to the coronavirus pandemic and to ensure we are fully compliant with Government guidance relating to social distancing, interviews with shortlisted candidates will take place by video call.