1:1 ASD Learning Mentor - Primary
Are you an individual with a passion for education and the development of SEN children?
Do you have classroom experience working 1:1 with an ASD student or would like to gain some?
You may feel like a career in SEN schools is something you want to aim for and would relish a full-time role?
A successful, nurturing, and compassionate school based in Camden is looking for a 1:1 ASD Learning Mentor to start work immediately
- 1:1 ASD Learning Mentor - Primary
- Full-time, long term position starting Immediately
- "Good" with Outstanding features graded primary school
- Located in a great location in the borough of Waltham Forest
- Good public transport links available to the school
- Must have a minimum 2:1 degree in core subjects or a Psychology related field
- Experience working 1:1 with ASD children is desirable
- Interviewing remotely immediately
The school encourages their children to develop their academic potential and individual talents, giving all children confidence and self-esteem through praise, encouragement and acceptance of their worth. The school wants every part of the school community - pupils, parents and members of staff - to experience success.
The school believes that all young people should experience a learning environment which nurtures, supports and challenges them to develop their independence skills, to be happy and confident in themselves. They place a great emphasis on developing independence and communication skills and have the highest expectations of their pupils encouraging them to achieve their goals no matter how big or small.
As a 1:1 ASD Learning Mentor - Primary, you will be required to work together with the SENDCo and other teachers, to provide support to a student during the school day. Your responsibilities will include supporting and encouraging the student with their work as well as facilitating inclusion throughout the day. You will preferably have experience working with children with ASD.
If this role seems perfect for you, do not hesitate to apply now and send your CV and cover letter to Tilly at Remedy Education