about 1 month ago
Art Teacher - Eltham Greenwich South East Londo
The Art teacher will lead on the school's Art priorities and be required to prepare and deliver an Art curriculum to pupils in KS2 and KS3 and prepare and deliver a curriculum for KS4/A Level pupils who opt to take Art to accreditation.
Main duties and responsibilities
Delivering lessons that are pupil-focused and creative, according to an agreed timetable, and with defined outcomes that link with their Education, Health and Care Plan.
- Work with other staff to develop and deliver the Art curriculum, including the management of department budget and resources.
- Support a group of pupils as a form tutor, providing a formal consistent contact with pupils each day, establishing positive relationships and supporting the pastoral care of each pupil in the group.
- Differentiate the Art curriculum to meet the needs of neurodiverse pupils with Autistic Spectrum Condition (ASC) and/or Social, Emotional and Mental Health needs (SEMH).
- Provide opportunities for pupils to experience/understand Art in a range of contexts and through a range of resources.
- To look at our pupils holistically and to draw on a wide range of social care and teaching strategies to meet pupil needs whilst promoting interest and ensure the safety and well-being of pupils.
If this opportunity is not the Art Teaching role that you are looking for but you are interested in becoming an Art Teacher in a London School, then please do look at the Remedy Recruitment Group website for more opportunities like this one.