£32.00 - £35.00 per hour + Depending on experience
22 days ago
Remedy Recruitment Group are currently seeking an experienced Advanced Social Worker to work within Croydon Council.
The SPOC team is Croydon's 'front door', receiving all new referrals for children where there are safeguarding concerns or where the child may need additional support, including Early Help services. Working alongside both co-located and virtual multi-agency partners, whilst also seeking to work in partnership with parents and carers, the team makes important decisions on the level of support and intervention that children need to meet their needs and keep them safe. Our goal is to make the right decisions, at the right time and so help set a positive journey for all children referred into the SPOC.
The SPOC team is a fast paced team where important decisions are being made each day on children's needs and safety. It involves building effective and collaborative professional relationships with partners across the Borough.
* Assess and triage new referrals into SPOC to identify immediate risk and support prioritisation of SPOC action and decision making
* Carry a daily allocation of SPOC Assessments (new referrals) and to review current and historical information, gather additional information from parents/carers/children (as is appropriate) and a range of partner agencies to identify need, risk and harm, and make recommendations as to the level of support or statutory social work assessment/intervention needed for a child(ren); and to undertake this deliverable statutory and departmental timescales.
* To use relevant legislation, statutory guidance, local policy and procedures and relevant research and learning to inform decision making for children.
* To ensure all information ascertained, actions undertaken and social work analysis is recorded accurately; written in an appropriate child-focused manner; and within departmental timescales
* Provide consultation and advice to professionals regarding whether to make a referral into SPOC and/or how professionals can provide or signpost families to appropriate support
* Liaise with other agencies in providing effective childrens services to individuals and families.
* To contribute to the development of effective and collaborative partnership working, including where appropriate acting as or developing links between the SPOC and specific partner agencies; attending and contributing to multi-agency settings and forums; supporting or delivering training to partner agencies; providing information on the SPOC to partner agencies; or facilitating information sharing about or a visit from a partner agency towards these aims (in agreement with SPOC Team Manager)
You will need to be:
Eligible to work in the UK
Why Choose Remedy?
Competitive pay rates
Access to exclusive roles that aren't available from other agencies
1st tier agency
Up to £250 for each social work professional you refer to us who we place*
If you are interested and would like to find out more please apply to this advert with a copy of your updated CV. Alternatively, please send your CV directly