South East London, London
£17 - £21.45 per hour
AAO - Dee_1574677767
7 months ago
Admissions and Appeals Officer, Children & Young People, South East London, up to £21.45ph
Remedy Recruitment Group Ltd is looking for an experienced Admissions and Appeals Officer.
You will have previous experience in preparing and presenting appeals for admissions to school applications; both primary and secondary.
Main duties include:
- To be the lead officer for placing children and young people in schools under the local authority's In Year admissions.
- To ensure the admissions policy and London-wide coordinated scheme are applied correctly to all applications in accordance with the published admissions arrangements operating to an exceptionally high level of accuracy and data verification.
- To build excellent rapport and working relationships with school head teachers, senior teachers, school based admissions officers and with neighbouring local authorities.
- To case manage applications to conclusion making appropriate referrals to other local authority and outside agencies as appropriate.
- To visit schools in preparation for appeals.
- To present school talks on occasion and to conduct outreach to promote awareness of the school admissions and appeals processes and procedures.
- To work directly with schools to coordinate the promotion of the school admissions service.
- To identify and safeguard vulnerable children and young people and their families.
- Experience working directly with schools
- Experience in identifying, investigating, preparing and presenting individual cases to the Fair Access Panel
- Experience in collating data and support investigations into social and medical and out of cohort requests.
Benefits of working with Remedy
- A personal one-one service from your highly experienced dedicated consultant.
- Top tier supplier to numerous local authorities throughout London giving us access to jobs before other agencies.
- Referral bonus - up to £250* per person placed.
- Double payrolls each week.
*Terms & Conditions apply
You will be required to fully register with Remedy for all locum positions.
To be considered for this role, please apply with your CV to Dee Spencer on the social care team.
Remedy Social Care is a REC Standard agency and is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of the vulnerable. Successful applicants will be required to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure via the DBS. Our objective is to be an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications from everyone with suitable skills and ability regardless of race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, gender, disability, sexual orientation, age, religion or belief. All applications will be accepted and reviewed solely on merit.