17 days ago
Additional Learning Support Coordinator - Lewisham South East London
Remedy Education are looking for a ALS to join our lovely school based in Lewisham, the role will be to assist the Head of SEND in the planning, organisation and co-ordination of the ALS department, in line with the School strategic priorities, to ensure that an excellent learner experience is offered.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- To assist the Head of SEND in implementing the SEND reforms
- To Assist the Head of SEND to monitor and ensure all student ALS records meet audit requirements
- Support Associate Learning Advisors to complete ALS records and to fully understand OFSTED and various audit requirements
- Collate and provide ALS information from identified curriculum areas
- Liaise with members of the wider ALS team
- Support teachers to understand the remit of ALS and employ appropriate support strategies to support students with a range of additional needs
- Contribute to the effective and efficient organisation and administration of initial and diagnostic assessments and communicate results to students and colleagues
- Assist teaching staff to devise and implement classroom strategies and ILPs to ensure that each student has a support programme and appropriate incremental learning targets
- Provide learning support for students through small group/in-class/out-of-class delivery to facilitate the learning process
- Monitor learning progress against agreed targets, using appropriate assessment tools as specified within the College TPA framework
- Maintain records of student attendance and progress and provide relevant information for teaching staff, managers and external agencies as required
- Participate in careers events and marketing activities and contribute to the admissions and application process for prospective learners
- Supervise learners in all contexts on College premises and elsewhere when on College activities
- When appropriate, provide personal support for students with physical disabilities and learning difficulties to enable them to fully participate in the learning process
- To assist the Head of SEND with timetabling and deployment of staff, to ensure that appropriate support is offered to learners
- To assist with the recruitment, induction
The school is located in Lewisham with great transport links from London, you must hold a DBS to be accpeted for this role.
If you think you are the right candidate please apply now!