Kingston upon Thames, London
£30 - £32 per hour
3 days ago
The Youth Resilience Social Worker will be responsible for ensuring that adolescents are safeguarded from harm whilst parents and carers of adolescents are supported in their parenting capacity to protect and nurture them whilst ensuring that public is protected where youth offending is concerned. The postholder will sit within one of the blended Youth Resilience Service teams and will be aligned to a specific Cluster.
- To undertake effective assessment and care planning process within youth justice and child in need frameworks.
- To safeguard all children and young people, making sure robust risk management takes please to manage assessed vulnerabilities and risk to protect children and young people and where appropriate members of general public in relation to youth justice service delivery, ensuring young offenders serve their sentence.
- To make every effort to ensure support packages are personalised to the needs of young people and their families in line with the Youth Resilience intervention framework to achieve best outcomes and where appropriate compliance with the youth justice sentence, preventing re-offending.
- To prepare high quality PSRs and work in close collaboration with Court Practice lead to ensure that young people involved in offending are supported to engage effectively with Court process.
- To undertake effective assessments of youth homelessness in line with the Southwark Judgement protocol where relevant.
- To work restoratively with all adolescents, including young offenders and victims of crime in line with the service restorative approach principles and standards
- To make every effort to prevent family breakdown and work in line with service strategy to prevent young people to become children looked after, contributing towards the reduction of children looked after population.
If you are interested in this role please send your updated CV in the first instance.