Kingston upon Thames, Surrey
£24 - £26 per hour
7 months ago
As a Placement Commissioning Officer for Achieving for Children, you will be responsible for
- Acting as a single point of access for commissioning placements.
- To contribute to the delivery of strategic commissioning intentions identified as part of the Commissioning Service and its partners.
- To deliver delegated activities or products in relation to commissioning, contract management, policy and planning activity as identified.
- To undertake quality assurance tasks (including visits) to ensure compliance with agreed processes and standards including regulatory and inspection frameworks.
- To utilize contract management tools to ensure data and information timely, accurate and complete.
- To assist in the coordination with a range of providers/organizations and individuals, researching and drafting correspondence. In addition, the management of specific tasks, lead reporting and analysis across a range of specialities, functions and projects will be required to be undertaken.
- Collating data as required and providing up to date statistical information on a monthly and annual basis.
This is a fantastic role a lively and supportive team.
We have been up and running for four years, and in that time we have established a reputation as one of the leading children's services providers in the country. We are one of the Department for Education's eight 'Partners in Practice', tasked with leading improvement across the sector.
To be a Placement Commissioning Officer for , you will be passionate about making a positive difference to the lives of children and young people as well as demonstrating the following points
- A professional understanding of all the legal aspects of procurement and commissioning activity.
- An understanding of issues relating to children's, education, health and social care services.
- Able to communicate clearly, convincingly and sensitively, orally and in writing at all relevant levels of the role.
- Experience of working in a busy environment, at times dealing with emergencies so the ability to work within a sense of urgency and multi-tasking.
- IT proficient with experience in handling different database systems.
- Demonstrable commitment to the principles and practice of equal opportunities in employment and service provision.
- Demonstrable negotiating and project management skills.
- Demonstrable understanding of safeguarding, confidentiality and data protection in relation to social care legislation.