£75 - £85 per day
7 months ago
ABA Teaching Assistant - Greenwich, South East London
- ASAP Start
- Greenwich, South East London
- Long term to permenant position
- £80- £85 per day
Are you looking for a fresh challenge?
Would you be interested in working with special needs children?
Do you want to part of a team that delivers real change in the lives of students and the community they come from?
Do you have experience of children with any of the following needs?
- Communication difficulties
- Complex Learning Needs
Do you have training in any of the following areas?
- Team Teach/MAPA/PRICE
- PECS/Makaton - Communication Tools
The ABA Assistant Job:
I am seeking an ABA Assistant or TA with a proven track record working with challenging students to join a fantastic small special school in South East London. The school is for pupils with Autism and Severe Learning Difficulties.
You will be working within the classroom supporting the class teacher and students, the amazing students need extra help with their learning and development.
- Under the supervision of Class Teacher you will deliver 1:1 and small group teaching to pupils in the class based on the principles of Applied Behaviour Analysis (ABA) and the Analysis of Verbal Behaviour. You will support pupils in group lessons, using strategies in-line with pupil's behaviour plans and targets
- Positively and consistently managing challenging behaviour in-line with pupil's behaviour plans and recording all incidents in accordance with school policies
- Supervising and supporting pupils to ensure their safety at all times
- Attending to personal, health and hygiene matters and keep records/write reports when necessary, in liaison with the Class Teacher
- Occasionally support staff may be given responsibility for dispensing medicine, in all circumstances the VB Group Lead/Class teacher should be kept informed
- Report all concerns to the appropriate person and record information in respect to all school policies with particular attention to: Child protection and Safeguarding, Health, safety and security, Confidentiality and Data protection
- Undertake data collection as directed by the Class Teacher and VB Tutor to aid with assessment and planning.
- Assist with displaying pupil's work under direction from Class Teacher
Our lovely school based in Greenwich are looking for a new member of staff in September, they are looking for a kind, reliable and passionate teaching assistant.
If you think you are the right person for this role then please apply now, you can also call Sophie at Remedy for more information.