£80 - £85 per day
16 days ago
Year 6 SEN Teaching assistant required
- Amazing school based in Bromley
- Long term to permanent position
- Year 6 SEN Teaching Assistant
- Supporting students within the classroom
- £80-85 a day
- Full time (Monday to Friday)
Remedy Education are currently looking for a SEN Teaching assistant. The role is a full time, long term position starting September 2019 and lasting for the whole year, with the potential to become a permanent position for the right candidate. As a SEN TA you will be expected to do the following.
- Ensuring the pupil is able to use equipment and materials provided
- Motivating and encouraging the pupil(s) as required by providing levels of individual attention, reassurance and help with learning tasks as appropriate to pupils' needs
- Assisting in weaker areas, e.g. speech and language, reading, spelling, numeracy, handwriting/presentation etc
- Using praise, commentary and assistance to encourage the pupil to concentrate and stay on task
- Liaising with class teacher, SENCO and other professionals about individual education plans (IEPs), contributing to the planning and delivery as appropriate
- Providing additional nurture to individuals when requested by the class teacher or SENCO
- Consistently and effectively implementing agreed behaviour management strategies
- Helping to make appropriate resources to support the pupil
This is an opportunity to join a stable school and develop the progress of pupils. You will be a part of a friendly, and inclusive school with high expectations for every student. The school works in close partnership with parents, carers and families to do the best for their children and community.
SEN Teaching assistant -Job Responsibilities
- Make sure that the pupils you support are able to engage in learning and stay on task during the lesson or activity support the social and emotional development of pupils, reporting any issues when required
- Ensuring the child is supervised on a constant basis during school hours
- Help the child to learn and engage during teaching periods
If you are looking for a new role in September then please apply for this role.