£36 - £38 per hour
Yasmin Van Wijngaarden
23 days ago
Our Client Wandsworth Council is looking for a Qualified Social Worker to join their Children with Disabilities Team
- To carry a caseload (long term and short term) as allocated by the Team Manager / Deputy Team Manager and within the priorities of the Special Needs, Disability and Psychology Service.
- To act as a Duty social worker at direction of the Deputy Team Manager.
- To maintain a knowledge and awareness of legislation and departmental policies and procedures, and to work within these.
- Act in the role of the lead professional in statutory cases that require a qualified social worker, particularly child / adult protection, looked after child cases and legal proceedings (which might relate to children or adults);
- Undertake the full range of social work tasks with children in need / young adults with disabilities and their families; assessment, planning, implementation and review (APIR);
- Bring together and coordinate the team around the child (young person)/ service user to ensure a multi-disciplinary approach to APIR and safeguarding;
- To make the line manager aware without delay of any complaints received from service users or from other agencies so that the appropriate complaints procedure can be applied and issues of concern be dealt with as swiftly as possible.
- To ensure the Team Manager is made aware and kept fully informed of any concerns in relation to safeguarding adults and/or child protection.
- Degree in Social Work or equivalent qualification
- Registration with Social Work England
- ASYE completed
Benefits of working with Remedy
- A personal one-one service from your highly experienced dedicated consultant.
- Top tier supplier across London giving us first access to jobs
- Referral bonus - up to £250* per person placed.
- Double payrolls each week.
*Terms & Conditions apply
You will be required to fully register with Remedy for all locum positions.
To be considered for this role, please apply with your CV on the social care team.