Up to £240 per day
about 1 month ago
Teacher of the Visually Impaired - Newham, East London
Remedy Education are looking for a temporary Teacher of the Visually Impaired for a Primary School in Newham
- To ensure that children, young people and families in Newham a first class service that fulfils their potential, and when they need additional support, provide services that are local and easily accessible.
- Support managers in the development delivery and review of planning, performance, commissioning services for children, young people, their families and carers so that overall costs are reduced but the life chances of children and young people are maximised.
- To meet standards for teachers including demonstrating high quality teaching, modelling and demonstration of lessons, and within this role to act as a member of the SEN service.
- To take lead responsibility for coordinating and developing networks and areas of work across schools to promote good practice in special educational needs.
- To have secure knowledge of effective approaches to teaching and learning for children with visual impairment and to work with schools to model and deliver programmes of intervention which ensure maximum curricular access and progression for pupils with special educational needs.
- To work proactively with head teachers and other staff to promote the achievement of children and young people with visual impairment and to do this in a way which fosters partnership working and successful transition between settings.
- To work proactively and in partnership with professionals across the children and young people's service, the local authority, outside agencies (including the voluntary sector) to ensure cohesive service delivery to families, schools and settings.
- To lead specialist training sessions for teachers, TAs parents/ carers and other professionals across the range of children and young people's services.
- Qualifications: Qualified Teacher Status (QTS). Qualified Teacher of Visually Impaired status.
- Experience: Significant teaching experience in inclusive settings/schools working with children and young people who have visual impairment.
- Compliance: Proof of ability to work and live in the UK. QTS gained from an ITT programme. Recent DBS check.
- Travel: Clean UK driving license with the ability to commute to and from work independently.
- Hours: 36 hours p/w.
The contact for this role is Ryan @ Remedy Education who is contactable on 020 8418 1390.