Sunderland, Tyne and Wear
3 months ago
Sunderland are looking for a Valuation Surveyor to join there council.
37 Hours per week Purpose: The purpose of the Valuation Surveyor role is to provide professional and technical support to the Council's estate functions under the corporate landlord operating model. The role will be for a fixed term to cover a period of Parental Leave. Main Duties and Responsibilities: To work in conjunction with other Council directorates, service areas and teams, and other external organisations, to successfully deliver a range of estates management services in support of organisational aims and objectives. Requirements: A degree in a related discipline Member of the RICS (Registered Valuer desirable) Please see attached document for further information.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
To work in conjunction with other Council directorates, service areas and teams, and other external organisations, to successfully deliver a range of estates management services in support of organisational aims and objectives.
The range of duties will include the following:
- Assisting with the implementation of the councils Asset Management Plan.
- Supporting the Estate Manager in the undertaking of property reviews and option appraisals to ensure that property assets are fit-for-purpose, used efficiently and fully utilized towards the delivery of the Councils aims and objectives.
- Supporting the Estate Manager in the provision of a full professional estate management service for the Councils property including the management of, new lettings, lease-renewals, rent reviews, landlord and tenant, arrears management, service charge management and lease compliance.
- Managing relationships with landlords, tenants and other stakeholders.
- Providing expert valuation advice in relation to the Councils property assets including valuations for inclusion within the Councils financial statements in accordance with the RICS Valuation Standards and CIPFA Code of Practice.