Trafford, Greater Manchester
£32 - £35 per hour
11 months ago
Our client, Trafford Council is looking for a Team Manager to join their Children in Need team.
- To provide a purposeful, professional social work service within a multi-agency team to children in need and their families, including the assessment of their needs, in accordance with statutory requirements and within the service procedures/guidelines.
- Undertake purposeful professional assessments with families which consider child's needs, presenting risks, and protective factors with clear analysis and plan to support the required changes change.
- Use strength-based restorative approaches to embed a culture of working "with" children and their families in an environment of high challenge and high support.
- Work directly with families employing a range of social work knowledge and skills to identify and assess individual children and young people's social, emotional, educational, occupational, recreational and cultural needs to bring about sustainable improvement and better outcomes for children
- Keep all recordings up to date and child focused, reflecting the voice of the child and their daily lived experience. Ensure there is clarity of the source of information and detail what is fact and what is professional judgement.
- Ensure that all assessments and formal documents are completed accurately and are written clearly and concisely avoiding jargon.
- Assess, evaluate and review programmes of work with children, young people and families including the coordination of services to children who are the subjects of multi-agency protection plans or who are children in care.
- Attend multi-agency meetings, reviews and conferences as required and represent the Local Authority in Court Proceeding.
- Ensure that professional registration with Social Work England is maintained and undertake continuing professional development (CPD) to ensure continued registration.
- Work in partnership with colleagues within the multi-agency service and with external agencies, to ensure plans for children are implemented and outcomes are recorded.
- Engage in individual and group supervision with managers and practice leads.
- Mentor and/or supervise junior colleagues or students and facilitate individual and group supervision with team members.
You will need to be:
Eligible to work in the UK
If you do not have the required experience, you will not be contacted.
Why Choose Remedy?
Competitive pay rates
Access to exclusive roles that aren't available from other agencies
1st tier agency
Up to £250 for each social work professional you refer to us who we place*
If you are interested and would like to find out more please apply to this advert with a copy of your updated CV. Alternatively, please send your CV directly