Tower Hamlets, London
£40 - £42 per hour
3 months ago
Our client, Tower Hamlets Council is looking for an Independent Reviewing Officer to join their team.
MAIN PURPOSE OF THE JOB
- Chairing independently Initial and Review Child Protection Conferences, Children Looked After reviews and Foster Carers Annual Reviews.
- Ensuring that all Child Protection Initial and Review Conferences, Children Looked After Reviews and Foster Carers Annual Reviews are within the statutory time limits and conform to statutory guidelines.
- Undertake Midway Monitoring of each child's CP Plan / Care Plan following their review meeting.
- Escalate drift and delay in children's plans through the use of the Resolution Policy
- Provision of professional consultancy, guidance and advice to managers and practitioners.
- Monitoring, developing and promoting consistent good practice standards in the implementation and interpretation of child protection and children looked after policy and procedure. Ensure performance indicators and standards are achieved within the Councils framework
- Supporting the continuous improvement in standards of practice in relation to Child Protection and Children Looked After within a Performance Improvement Strategy.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Act as independent chair for Child Protection Conferences and Children Looked After Reviews, Foster Carers Annual Reviews, disruption meetings, and other children's meetings as required.
- Ensure that Child Protection Conferences and Children Looked After Reviews are undertaken with the full and active participation of social workers, children, parents and other appropriate agencies.
- Provide case consultation to professionals in Children's Services.
- Ensure effective liaison with all social workers and team managers involved in child protection and children looked after and, in particular, to identify training and development needs, and promote consultation with young people and their parents.
- Establish methods of disseminating information to children and young people and their parents about the child protection, child in need and looked after children service and promote user participation.
- Liaise with team managers and social workers on the co-ordination of Child Protection Conferences, Children Looked After Reviews and Foster Carers Annual Reviews.
- Induct new staff into LBTH Child Protection and Children Looked After procedures.
- Ensure that staff are fully aware of the implications and requirements of the relevant safeguarding and looked after children legislation.
- Participate in regular practice and case file audits.
- Ensure through the administrative support system that the Child Protection and Children Looked After records are kept up to date, including each child's record in FWi being maintained, as required.
* Degree in Social Work or equivalent qualification
* Registration with Social Work England
* ASYE completed
Benefits of working with Remedy
* A personal one-one service from your highly experienced dedicated consultant.
* Top tier supplier across London giving us first access to jobs
* Referral bonus - up to £250* per person placed.
* Double payrolls each week.
*Terms & Conditions apply
You will be required to fully register with Remedy for all locum positions.
To be considered for this role, please apply with your CV on the social care team.
Remedy Social Care is a REC Standard agency and is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of the vulnerable. Successful applicants will be required to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure via the DBS. Our objective is to be an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications from everyone with suitable skills and ability regardless of race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, gender, disability, sexual orientation, age, religion or belief. All applications will be accepted and reviewed solely on merit.