South East London, London
£38.00 - £42.00 per hour + Negotiable, depending on experience
2 months ago
Remedy Recruitment Group are currently seeking an experienced Team Manager to work within a Youth Offending Service for a Local Authority based in South East London.
You will be required to work in a community/custody team managing a team of qualified social workers/probation's officers who are supervising both statutory court orders and prevention cases.
You will be responsible for supervision of staff both on a 1:1 basis and in group supervision. Providing effective management oversight of high risk and complex cases and quality assurance of assessments and reports.
- Must hold a professional qualification in Social Work, Probation or a related profession working with young people
- Desirable to be registered with the HCPC (Health & Care Professions Council)
- Must be able to provide evidence of continuing professional development
- Knowledge of Youth Justice legislation, National Standards and Case Management Guidance, Restorative Justice Principles, relevant childcare legislation, statutory guidance and the London Child Protection Procedures
- Knowledge and understanding of child development, parenting capacity, environmental factors and risk and protective factors for offending and desistance
- Knowledge and understanding of current issues in Youth Justice practice, particularly in relation to desistance theory and trauma informed practice
- Knowledge of roles and responsibilities of key youth justice and children's agencies
- Knowledge and understanding of a range of systemic, restorative, and attachment-informed practices and methodologies and commitment to the approaches within the councils practice framework
Please contact Holly at Remedy on 0208 418 7676 for further information, alternatively please respond to this advert with a copy of your most recent CV