Oldham, Greater Manchester
Up to £40 per hour + Depending on Experience
26 days ago
Team Manager - Oldham Council - Greater Manchester - MASH Team - £40ph!
In this role you will be responsible for a small team of staff, including social workers. We are looking for someone who has the ability to motivate and influence staff and partners and lead their team to deliver high quality services and improve outcomes for children and young people. You must have the ability to work under pressure and ensure that informed and timely decisions are being made and that concerns relating to children and young people receive the correct response. Essential to this role will be experience of working in child protection.
- Maintain constructive relationships with a broad range of internal and external stakeholders and specifically with the Police, Health, Education, Probation and voluntary sectors to ensure safeguarding referrals are responded to robustly and are effectively signposted.
- To undertake a wide range of staff management activities such as recruitment, selection, inductions, sickness monitoring, health & safety, discipline and grievances.
- To ensure work is allocated appropriately to members of the team and monitor work is completed to expected standards.
- To appraise staff and ensure training/learning needs are identified and are supported in those needs being met, including those studying for a qualification.
- To conduct formal supervision of staff to support them professionally to undertake their caseload of work.
- In order to deliver in this role, you will require the skills needed to drive safe practice; continually develop inter-agency working and ensure that all services fully support the social work task and the wider early help and safeguarding systems.
Benefits of working with Remedy
- A personal one-one service from your highly experienced dedicated consultant.
- Top tier supplier to numerous local authorities throughout the UK giving us access to jobs before other agencies.
- Referral bonus - up to £250* per person placed.
- Option to be paid on either Wednesday or Friday.
*Terms & Conditions apply
You will be required to fully register with Remedy for all locum positions.
Remedy Social Care is a REC Standard agency and is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of the vulnerable. Successful applicants will be required to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure via the DBS. Our objective is to be an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications from everyone with suitable skills and ability regardless of race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, gender, disability, sexual orientation, age, religion or belief. All applications will be accepted and reviewed solely on merit.