depending on experience
about 1 month ago
Remedy Recruitment Group are currently seeking a Team Manager.
You will need to be:
- SWE registered
- Eligible to work in the UK
- To be responsible for the effective operation of statutory services ensuring that children, young people and families who require statutory interventions are effectively safeguarded and that children looked after and care leavers receive the highest possible standards of care.
- To directly manage the Assistant Team Manager (s), Senior Social Worker (s) and a newly qualified social worker, to ensure all quality standards are consistently achieved; statutory obligations and procedures are met and there is compliance with team, service and corporate policies.
- To have experience of, or willingness to train in, a practice model that is restorative and relational in approach and utilises systemic ideas and tools to work with and develop others.
- To lead on the development of policy and practice relating to the specific service area of the team under direction of the Service Manager.
- To consistently use the Newham practice framework when assessing need and delivering interventions that includes working in a respectful, collaborative and professional manner with children and families that is focused on achieving good outcomes.
- To maintain regular reflective supervision in line with the Newham Supervision Framework and appraisal of direct reports ensuring timely decision-making, professional guidance and support, recognising good practice and areas of underperformance, with appropriate plans in place to address performance issues.
- To manage and facilitate regular group supervision that is restorative, relational and systemic in approach.
- To ensure that social work practice is effectively supervised by the Assistant Team Manager (s) within your team to focus on improved outcomes for children and young people, alongside professional support and development of staff.
- To chair meetings such as core groups, child in need reviews, and care planning reviews to ensure plans safeguard and deliver the best outcomes for children and young people
- To produce high quality case/supervision records that are up to date, include rationale, reflects the Newham practice model, are clear, succinct and written so as the child, young person or family member can understand.
- To drive a continuous team performance and improvement culture through the establishment of team objectives and performance indicators. To work with peers to ensure performance and improvements are consistent across Children's Social Care.
- To be accountable for team progress against a service plan and a set of agreed key performance indicators and targets; providing regular and reliable management information and the analysis to inform continuous learning.
- To create an environment of high support and high challenge enabling prompt and corrective action when outcomes and key performance indicators for children, families and care leavers are not being achieved in defined service areas and with peers across Children Social Care
- To work out and about in the community, visiting children, families and carers in the places they live and supporting community engagement.
- To have lead accountability for team within the service.
- To establish and maintain strong partnerships with multiagency partners to deliver effective support for children, young people and families with child safeguarding and /or corporate parenting needs. This includes responding promptly to concerns raised by internal and external stakeholders about individual children and team wide issues as well as collaborate to create the most effective service provision for children, families and care leavers
- To establish arrangements so that Newham children families and communities can play an active role in assessing the quality of service they are receiving from your team and can collaborate in the development of ideas for service improvement. To lead service user forums and feedback to evaluate the quality of service delivered in partnership with the Quality Assurance Service.
Why Choose Remedy?
- Competitive pay rates
- Access to exclusive roles that aren't available from other agencies
- 1st tier agency
- Up to £250 for each social work professional you refer to us who we place*
If you are interested and would like to find out more please apply to this advert with a copy of your updated CV. Alternatively, please send your CV directly