£70 - £90 per day
5 months ago
Teaching Assistant - PMLD / SEN - Greenwich - September 2019 Start
A wonderful special educational needs school in Greenwich is actively searching for committed and talented Graduates to work as Teaching Assistants with their Primary and Secondary pupils with some Profound and Multiple Learning Difficulties (PMLD).
Ideally suited to an ambitious and patient Graduate with a Psychology background, the Teaching Assistant will benefit from working as a crucial part of the wider teaching team within the school.
Further details of this hugely rewarding opportunity are;
- Must be a Graduate, ideally with a Psychology background
- Ideally suited to those with prior Special Educational Needs (SEN) experience
- Ongoing professional training is also provided by the Head Teacher!
- Starting in early September, through to at least July 2020 - Full-time (term-time)
- The Head Teacher could also offer a permanent contract to successful TAs
- Empathetic, caring, HIGHLY DEDICATED, creative and a brilliant communicator
- £70-£85 per day
SEN Teaching Assistant, who will need to have some prior understanding of PMLD, will work with primary or Secondary school students on their reading, writing and levels of comprehension. The students will invariably have a range of needs including a short attention span and some may also be non-verbal. The SEN Teaching Assistant will need to be calm, empathetic and able to form good working relationships easily.
If you are a Psychology Graduate who has their sights absolutely set on a long-term career within SEN, as a Speech & Language Therapist or and Educational Psychologist, for example, this is the IDEAL role for you!
Apply today and your Consultant from Remedy Education will contact you within 24 hours if you have been shortlisted for an initial interview.
Please see our website page headed 'About' and scroll to the bottom to see our 'Privacy Notice' for an explanation about how we use information we collect about you.