£70 - £85 per day
7 months ago
Are you aiming to progress your career by working with SEN students in a main stream setting?
Do you want to work in ONE SCHOOL for the rest of the academic year? (no supply)
Committed to supporting Primary, Early Years and primary pupils with Special Needs?
Would you like further opportunities to train as a teacher?
Then exciting new SEN teaching assistant opportunities are open to you in South East London as we are working with schools with vacancies located in Lewisham, Lambeth, Southwark and Greenwich.
Desirable but not necessary experience:
- Supporting SEN children in school (inside/outside classroom, in the playground, at interventions, etc.)
- Liaising with class teacher, SENCO, parents and intervention leads
- (Role specific) Utilising Makaton, PECS, BSL and Visual timetables
- (Role specific) Supporting ASD, Downs Syndrome, Speech and Language, Behaviour
- Optimal managing of sensory needs
- Highest quality of Safeguarding
- Experience supporting SEN children in mainstream education
- DBS certificate on the update service- or can apply for a new one if needed.
SEN teaching assistant benefits:
- An opportunity for experienced TA's or graduates with an interest in SEN
- £70 - £85 day rate
- Any school you secure work with will be "Good" or "Outstanding"
- Up-to-date schools with the facilities and resources to support SEN pupils
- "Lend a hand" style staff teams - support available if needed
- Progression through school, dependent on career path/school needs
- Regular training on specific SEN - (ASC, PMLD, Asperger's, Speech and Language, SEMH, Behaviour).
Now is the perfect time to secure a job for the the rest of the school year. These are full time jobs with excellent incentives in place to progress.
As we work with a number of primary schools in the area, we will aim to match you with a local school for an easy commute; making your journey to and from work simple.
When applying for the SEN teaching assistant role, please ensure to apply with your current CV and be available to trial for at least 1 day.