£70 - £90 per day
2 months ago
SEN LSA - PMLD - Southwark
- SEN LSA
Are you looking to make a difference within Education and training?
Remedy Education is looking for experienced and aspiring special educational needs (SEN) teaching assistants and learning support assistants to work in schools and colleges around South East London. We are specifically looking for candidates interested in working with students with profound and multiple learning difficulties (PMLD).
The College - SEN LSA - PMLD - Southwark
Remedy Education is currently recruiting for a SEN college that provides a safe learning environment for pupils living with PMLD. The college is looking for a focused and skilled Special Learning Support Assistant to provide a high standard of education and training for students with special educational needs.
The Candidate - SEN LSA - PMLD - Southwark
- The ideal candidate will have experience of working with children with SEN, particularly profound and multiple learning difficulties (PMLD)
- Experience in PECS (picture exchange communication system)
- Makaton (Language communication program) or BSL
- Team Teach, PRICE, MAPA or alternative physical restraint/ de-escalation training
- A can-do attitude and a willingness to help in other areas of the classroom
- The ability to use initiative and work well under pressure
- The ability to communicate effectively with the children and other staff members
The Role - SEN LSA - PMLD - Southwark
- The role will involve working with pupils that are living with PMLD
- Assisting students in their learning both on a 1-1 and group basis
- Assessing and accommodating individual learning needs of students
- Reporting on individual pupils progress
- encouraging the social and emotional development of pupils
If you would like to work in this or any other SEN college please contact Carly Walters at Remedy Education for more information!!