West End, London
£75 - £90 per day
13 days ago
We are hiring Teaching Assistants for a secondary school and sixth form in West London/W8 area. This is close to Central Line stations making it easily accessible.
Your main role would be to work as part of the Learning Support Team in supporting and including students with learning difficulties/disabilities within the classroom. Experience supporting students with SEN would be desirable.
This role is for a September 2022 start (interviews commencing next week so apply now!)
Duties include but are not limited to:
- To develop an understanding of the special educational needs of the student/s concerned.
- To take into account the student/s' special needs and ensure their access to the lesson and its content through appropriate clarification, explanations, equipment and materials.
- To build and maintain successful relationships
- To help promote independent learning.
- To assist students with physical needs.
- To help students record work in an appropriate way.
- To help keep the students on task and to build motivation.
- To have formal and informal meetings with teachers to contribute to planning lessons / activities.
- To prepare materials and resources.
- To support the teacher in implementing specific teaching programmes.
- To supervise practical tasks.
- To carry out structured classroom assessment/ observation and feedback outcomes.
- To be involved in keeping records and evaluating identified students' progress.
- To work as part of the team in relation to individual students, liaising, advising and consulting where appropriate.
- To support implementation of school policies and procedures, including those relating to confidentiality and behaviour.
The ideal candidate will have:
- previous experience in a similar role
- a passion for education
- a professional attitude
- will be punctual and reliable
- Have the ability to get the best out of children
- a sense of humour
- able to work autonomously and as part of a team
- ability to build good working relationships with a range of colleagues
- have the ability to work calmly and with patience
To apply for this position please send your CV for the attention of Dean Pomeroy at Remedy Education as soon as possible. I look forward to hearing from you soon.