£70 - £85 per day
3 months ago
Teaching Assistant, Autism Specialist - Islington, North London - ASAP Start
Are you a specialist in the field of Autism?
Are you looking for a new challenge?
Would you like a role where you feel like you are truly bringing a change in children's lives?
A mainstream primary school that have a speacilist SEN unit are looking for a teaching assistant who specialises in autism to join their team, bringing with them a bright and hands-on approach to teaching. This would be a full-time and long-term role starting as soon as possible.
Their ideal candidate would be someone who isn't afraid to get involved and build bonds with their students. They need a lot of energy and even more positivity from their amazing staff. Due to this school's specialism the majority of their students are non-verbal (using varying levels of PECs)
About the role:
- The opportunity to amalgamate your knowledge with that of senior SEN teachers to grow your skills and specialise further
- Full-time and long-term
- Easy access via public transport with a bus stop 5 minutes walk from the school and a train station within walking distance
- Islington, North London
- £70.00 - £80.00 per day
- Providing high quality teaching assistance to children with autism and tailoring said teaching to their specifications
- Planning activities for the children you will be working 1:1 with
- Safeguarding children at all times both inside the school and within the school grounds
- Aiding children in their learning at all times
- Building a reliable relationship with both the class teacher and fellow TAs
- Creating a bond with parents that allows you to communicate effectively with them and the children
- To support children across all areas of development
- Keeping order within the classroom alongside your teacher and fellow TAs Requirements:
- Autism Specialism in the form of training and/or experience
- Hands-on approach to your work
- Previous experience working within an SEN environment
- Understanding of KS1 & 2 curriculum
- Must be able to commit to long-term role due to the consistency of care needed with autistic children
- DBS which is on the update service or be willing to complete a new DBS application
If you feel you are the right Autism Specialist for this role.
Please contact Hollie Myers at Remedy Education