about 2 months ago
Remedy Education are currently looking for a Teacher of Deaf / SEN Teacher to start in one of out outstanding primary schools in East London.
Purpose and Objective of the Role:
- The teaching of students and the associated pastoral and administrative duties in respect of those students in accordance with the aims and objectives of the academy.
- To support the development and implementation of the student support services policy and strategy through work with children and young people with hearing impairment.
- To be responsible for audiological work with children and young people with a hearing impairment within the academy
- To Liaise and work effectively with the deaf provision co-ordinator, SENDCO and all mainstream teachers of deaf children in order to support the teaching and learning needs of deaf and hearing impaired pupils
- To advise and liaise with teachers and support staff in the educational management of deaf and hearing impaired children and to maintain routine contact with teachers and parents
- To provide subject support to deaf and hearing impaired students
- To provide differentiated materials for students as required
- To teach deaf and hearing impaired students/SEND students/mainstream students as required
- To organise workshops for primary aged deaf children, parents and others to promote the Deaf Support Base
This is a permanent job starting ASAP - The hours for the role will be frim 8am-4pm.
If this role sounds like something you are interested in please give me a call on 02084181390 or send me an email on