Tameside, Greater Manchester
£34 - £35 per hour
about 2 months ago
Our client, Tameside Council is looking for a Social Worker to join their children in care team.
he focus of the work is on care planning and permanency for children in care. We are looking for a dynamic and experienced social worker committed to delivering a quality service to looked after children. We also need someone who is a good team player. We are fully staffed and have made huge strides in improving our service during the last 10 months. Performance in the team is good and despite the stresses of Covid and remote working, our morale is good.
We are looking for the following:
- Experience of working with children looked after.
- Knowledge and understanding of the role of social work in a local authority setting
- Demonstrable ability to assess different levels of needs and risk including child protection
- Experience and knowledge of working within a legislative, legal and policy framework
- Hold a recognised Social Work Qualification (e.g. Dip SW)
- Hold a current registration with Social Work England
- Understanding and knowledge of the policies and legislative frameworks which inform
- outcomes for children and young people
- An understanding of child development and the factors that contribute to positive outcomes
- in line with the National Framework for Assessment
- Knowledge of the role of statutory and voluntary agencies involved in working with children
- and families
- Knowledge and understanding of social work theory as applied in practice, for example
- intervention and evidence-based social work practice
- Literacy with Information Technology and a willingness to learn to use new systems
- The ability to work flexibly in a range of work settings supported by appropriate technology
- An ability to demonstrate clear thinking, analytical ability, planning and problem solving skills
- The ability to manage risk and conflict
- Excellent skills in joint working, building and managing relationships with a range of
- professionals and agencies
- Excellent communication skills using a range of methods including listening, presentation,
- recording and report writing
- Good negotiation and networking skills across a range of internal and external partners
- Ability to work to deadlines and to organise and plan work effectively
- Willingness to consent to and apply for an enhanced disclosure check.
- Personal Style and Behaviour
- A creative and innovative approach to working with individuals and groups
- performance management framework
- Ability to work with colleagues in a team
- Motivation and willingness to undertake new ways of working
- Commitment to promoting equal opportunities and anti-discriminatory and anti-oppressive practice.
You will need to be:
Social work england registered
Eligible to work in the UK
Atleast 1 year post qualifying experience
If you do not have the required experience, you will not be contacted.
Why Choose Remedy?
Competitive pay rates
Access to exclusive roles that aren't available from other agencies
1st tier agency
Up to £250 for each social work professional you refer to us who we place*
If you are interested and would like to find out more please apply to this advert with a copy of your updated CV. Alternatively, please send your CV directly