Tameside, Greater Manchester
£33 - £35 per hour
6 days ago
Our client, Tameside Council is looking for a Conference and Review Officer to join their team.
The provision of Children's Services in Tameside is a key priority for the Council and we are committed to achieving the best outcomes for Children and Young People. .
Tameside Children's Services is on an improvement journey and has great ambition for the services that support its most vulnerable children and families in providing care and protection.
To achieve our ambitious improvement plans we need suitable experienced professionals with drive, integrity and ambition
We are currently seeking to recruit an experienced dedicated Independent Reviewing Officer to chair Initial and Review Child Protection Conferences. The ideal candidate will possess highly developed specialist knowledge of Social Work practice in Children's Services and be registered with Social Work England. You will be responsible for chairing complex Child Protection conferences and support the development of quality services for all of the young people in Tameside.
The role will support the independent nature of our reviewing service, support families facing change and most importantly act as an advocate and work towards better outcomes for our young people
You will have post qualifying management experience and the ability to manage challenge in a constructive way, whilst ensuring the best outcomes for children and contributing to the team's development.
We firmly believe that all children in Tameside deserve the best start in life and we are looking for the right people to help make this happen.
This is an exciting time to join Tameside and you will be part of a service that is highly committed, welcoming and supportive. We are continuing to transform our approach to how we deliver services to support children and families which includes the implementation of the Signs of Safety Practice Model and our Heart of Practice core values and principles.
* The child is kept central to all our work.
* Honesty and respect guides and underpins our daily practice.
* Services built on developing effective relationships with each other and those we support.
* A commitment to improvement and always striving to be the best we can be.
* A culture of Public Service where we are clear on our responsibilities and show how we meet the expectations for those we support.
* Degree in Social Work or equivalent qualification
* Registration with Social Work England
* ASYE completed
Benefits of working with Remedy
* A personal one-one service from your highly experienced dedicated consultant.
* Top tier supplier across London giving us first access to jobs
* Referral bonus - up to £250* per person placed.
* Double payrolls each week.
*Terms & Conditions apply
You will be required to fully register with Remedy for all locum positions.
To be considered for this role, please apply with your CV on the social care team.
Remedy Social Care is a REC Standard agency and is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of the vulnerable. Successful applicants will be required to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure via the DBS. Our objective is to be an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications from everyone with suitable skills and ability regardless of race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, gender, disability, sexual orientation, age, religion or belief. All applications will be accepted and reviewed solely on merit.