Tameside, Greater Manchester
£30 - £35 per hour
about 1 month ago
Our client, Tameside Children's Services is looking for a social worker to join their Neighbourhood Team.
Post Objectives: To promote and safeguard the welfare of children in need, looked after children and children in need of safeguarding by means of an effective assessment of need and the co-ordination and provision of appropriate services.
Requirements and expectations:
- To act as named social worker for children known to children's services under child in need / child protection plans and children subject to care proceedings.
- To develop a relationship with children and young people which enables them to meaningfully share their wishes and feelings.
- To work with families, in order to help identify and implement necessary support to ensure children are able to thrive and develop.
- To ensure children are effectively safeguarded and implement necessary measures to address any risk posed to them.
- To work with and co-operate effectively with professionals including education, health and police.
- To implement and monitor child in need, child protection and looked after care plans for children.
You will be joining a neighbourhood Social Work team and hold a varied and complex case load ranging from initial assessment, direct work with children and families, Court work and formulating and implementing SMART plans.
You will work on a duty rota one in every 3 weeks and have autonomy in managing your diary and workload whilst having regular supervision and support from a Practice Manager for your pod as well as two Team managers for the neighbourhood team.
* Degree in Social Work or equivalent qualification
* Registration with Social Work England
* ASYE completed
Benefits of working with Remedy
* A personal one-one service from your highly experienced dedicated consultant.
* Top tier supplier across London giving us first access to jobs
* Referral bonus - up to £250* per person placed.
* Double payrolls each week.
*Terms & Conditions apply
You will be required to fully register with Remedy for all locum positions.
To be considered for this role, please apply with your CV on the social care team.
Remedy Social Care is a REC Standard agency and is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of the vulnerable. Successful applicants will be required to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure via the DBS. Our objective is to be an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications from everyone with suitable skills and ability regardless of race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, gender, disability, sexual orientation, age, religion or belief. All applications will be accepted and reviewed solely on merit.