Up to £15 per hour
7 months ago
TA Support Officer (Housing)
Remedy Recruitment are currently working in partnership with the local authority in London and are seeking an experienced TA Support Officer.
Main Duties and Responsibilities-
- The postholder must at all times carry out her/his duties with due regard to the Council's Customer Care, Equal Opportunities and Best Value Policies and incorporating the Council's Core Competencies.
- To visit households in temporary accommodation to provide them with advice and guidance on the full range of housing options available to them and manage their expectations, taking into account their needs and aspirations, their priority on the Housing Register and ability to sustain other options, including intermediate housing options and private rented accommodation.
- To work with the rehousing team to monitor biding activity across households in temporary accommodation and offer support to those households who require assistance, in order to help them make informed choices about their future housing.
- To signpost/refer households in temporary accommodation to other agencies as required, including employment and training providers, supported housing services, children's services or adult care.
- To encourage and help homeless households in temporary accommodation to comply with their licence or tenancy conditions, but where there is a serious breach of duty (including harassment, anti-social behaviour and hate crime) and/or the Council has discharged its homelessness duty, ensure the accommodation is withdrawn and recovered as efficiently and quickly as possible.
- To determine the Council's discharge of its legal obligations in cases where temporary accommodation is refused and to consider appeals, reviews and legal representations where appropriate to comply with statutory requirements.
- To investigate cases of domestic violence and fear of violence reported by households in temporary accommodation and take appropriate action to manage risks to personal safety.
- To promote effective use of the TA budget by regularly reviewing move on from emergency to settled temporary accommodation and investigating the reasons for long stays in high cost emergency accommodation.
The successful candidate will require the following-
- Comprehensive knowledge and understanding of homelessness, housing needs issues, legislation and case law
- Knowledge of use and provision of temporary accommodation
- Experience of giving advice and information to customers and working with vulnerable groups
- Ability to communicate information and present information in a clear and precise format
- Manage competing work demands methodically to achieve targets and meet changing demands and priorities
- IT literate, including use of word processing, spreadsheets, databases and e-communication
- Ability to deal with difficult customers and maintain positive working relationships
- A full driving licence and use of a car is required as the post-holder will have to travel extensively inside/outside of the borough to visit properties.
For more information please don't hesitate to call Bronte at Remedy on 0208 418 7677.