£70 - £85 per day
10 days ago
Long term perm
About the Job
Remedy Education are looking for a Special Needs Teaching Assistant to work at a Secondary school in the Greenwich area on a temporary, ongoing basis with the opportunity to continue at the school ASAP.
The successful applicant will be working 1:1 with one of two pupils at the school.
The siblings are new to the country and originate from Syrian, so it is imperative the TAs can speak Syrian Arabic.
The siblings require early steps English teaching ie: Phonics, English, Maths etc. This will take the form of 1:1 class support and some interventions.
This is a temporary vacancy to begin with, however after a successful trial period the candidate will be taken on a long-term or potentially permanent basis.
- Location - Greenwich
- Position - SEN Teaching Assistant
- Type of work - Long term
- Start date - ASAP
- Minimum rate of pay - from £70 - £90 per day
- Hours - 9am until 3.30pm
Experience, Training and Qualifications:
- Previous experience working in a UK school - essential
- Previous experience working with SEN Needs - essential
- Arabic speaking - Syria or Georgia
- SEN Training - desirable
- Must be a kind, caring and compassionate individual
To be eligible for this role, you must:
- Hold Right to Work in the UK
- Hold an enhanced child barred list DBS certificate registered with the online update service or be willing to process a new application
- Provide two professional child related references
- Complete Safeguarding Training - Remedy Education can provide this training
To find out more or apply for this position, please send your CV to Carly Walters,
Remedy Education is acting as an employment business/education recruitment agency in relation to this vacancy.