£30 - £32 per hour
Yasmin Van Wijngaarden
9 days ago
Our Client Sutton Council, is looking for a Qualified Social Worker to join their Childrens Locality Team.
As a social worker in the London Borough of Sutton your role will be to act as an officer of the Local Authority and execute statutory functions ensuring that individuals are safeguarded and supported to achieve positive outcomes.
● You will work in partnership with people, other professionals and agencies and intervene to safeguard individuals, promote social change, maximise independence and provide appropriate information and advice about third sector and universal services which support positive outcomes.
● You will have the ability to apply professional curiosity and use social work theories and knowledge to formulate and test hypotheses reaching a professional judgement and decision.
● You will produce a good standard of professional documentation relevant to your service area and be able to prioritise your workload and work within defined timescales.
● Principles of human rights and social justice are fundamental to the role and you will be required to be able to effectively balance the protection of individual rights against the need to use professional authority and accountability effectively to safeguard vulnerable individuals.
● You will uphold the profession and act a representative of the Local authority in a variety of forums.