£400.00 - £450.00 per day + Depending on experience
about 1 month ago
Remedy Recruitment Group are currently seeking an experienced Strategic Procurement Officer to work within Havering Council.
- Manage the end to end procurement process for more routine requirements (Tier 3) and working with clients to ensure they are advised and supported on the use and application of provisions contained within the Councils' standing orders and procurement legislation.
- Responsible for developing and delivering routine strategic sourcing activity within the department, including review of appropriate routes to market, options appraisals and agreeing recommendations with service users.
- To forecast and deliver savings and other sources of value to support councils' objectives/priorities.
- For routine procurements, to ensure contract preparation, tenderer selection, tender evaluation and contract controls are implemented and operated throughout the council in a corporate, consistent and co-ordinated manner.
- To advise and assist service users to ensure the delivery of an efficient and effective strategic procurement process
- To promote a positive outward profile that encourages contractors, suppliers and service providers to be confident in their supply chain relationship with the Councils.
- Represent the Councils' interests at regional buying consortia and the negotiation of regional procurement contracts for routine goods and services. Ensure the Councils' are gaining maximum value from participation in regional consortia.
- Assist with ensuring the delivery of sustainable procurement outcomes.
You will need to be:
- Eligible to work in the UK
Why Choose Remedy?
- Competitive pay rates
- Access to exclusive roles that aren't available from other agencies
- 1st tier agency
- Up to £350 for each professional you refer to us who we place*
If you are interested and would like to find out more please apply to this advert with a copy of your updated CV. Alternatively, please send your CV directly