£85 - £90 per day
9 days ago
Speech and Language Teaching Assistant - Southwark, Peckham South East London
Do you have a passion and talent for supporting children and young people with special educational needs and a particular interest in Speech and Language?
Are you keen to make a difference to the lives of children and young people whilst building your experience and furthering your career in SEN? Are you an aspiring Speech and Language Therapist?
I am working with a wonderful all through school in the Peckham area who are seeking a Speech and Language Teaching Assistant for 4 days a week to start in September. This is a fantastic opportunity for an individual looking to gain practical and clinical experience in the field of Speech and Language Therapy. Speech and Language Teaching Assistant requirements
- Passion for working with young people who require additional support in order to access education and social development
- Be able to communicate with Makaton
- Previous experience supporting children with speech and language communication needs or other special educational needs, including ASD
- A proactive and positive individual who is always striving to meet children's learning needs.
- Ability to build rapport with children
- Experience delivering SLCN interventions would be advantageous
What you can expect as a Speech and Language Teaching Assistant
- Your role as a Speech and Language Teaching Assistant will be to deliver speech and language programmes set by the SaLT
- For aspiring SALTs, Teachers, Pastoral Workers, Child Psychologists, Educational Psychologists, Clinical Psychologists, Occupational Therapists, Counsellors, and Social Workers, this position will offer relevant and vital experience for your chosen career path
- Continued Professional Development - SEND schools and provisions are continually training their staff to help them support their children's needs, you will become an expert in your field
- You will have an opportunity to make a huge social impact, as a Speech and Language Teaching Assistant you will change the path of a child's life.
If you are interested in this role then please apply now or contact Sophie at Remedy for more information.