£75 - £90 per day
about 1 month ago
Long term perm
An SEN primary school based in Lewisham are looking to appoint a 1:1 TA to support a Year 5 pupil with speech and language difficulties. It is essential that the successful candidate has significant experience with Speech & Language techniques. This position is a full time, long term role, with the potential of a permanent contract. The role is to start ASAP so please get in touch if this role seems right for you!
About the school:
This school has is well-led and works hand-in-hand with the community to nurture healthy, happy, respectful citizens who achieve their best in everything that they do. Student behaviour is excellent, staff and parents are overwhelmingly positive about the school, and teaching assistants are well-trained and make valuable contributions.
The caring ethos of the school promotes progress, and students at the school develop in reading, writing and mathematics at well above the national average.
The school are looking to employ a qualified teaching assistant to support a Year 5 pupil with Speech & Language challenges. You will be supporting the child full-time, 5 days a week, and you must be able to use speech & language techniques to assist in the child's development.
You will be an integral part of the Year 5 team and liaise with the class teacher to ensure the pupil is getting the most suitable support and is able to access learning.
To join us and be successful in this Speech & Language Specialist Teaching Assistant role, you will need to:
* Have significant experience of working with children with SEN and in particular, Speech & Language
* You will ideally have knowledge and experience of Speech & Language resources, schemes and support mechanisms such as pictorial systems, visual timetables and now & next cards
* Be subject to an Enhanced DBS Disclosure, Overseas Police Clearances (if applicable) and professional reference checks
* Provide a CV with at least 10 years employment/education history included; employment breaks must be explained
* Have the legal right to work in the UK
If this sounds like the perfect role for you:
Click 'Apply Now' to be considered for this KS2 Intervention Specialist position, located in Lewisham, Or for more information about the role, contact Carly Walters.
We specialise in matching Teachers and Support Staff to their dream job, and help Primary, Secondary and SEN schools recruit for a wide range of roles across South East London London.