£75 - £85 per day
22 days ago
Special Needs Teaching Assistant
PMLD, Autism and Speech and Language Teaching Assistants Required.
Remedy Education are currently working with fantastic SEN Schools in Greenwich, South East London.
The schools cater for various SEN Requirements, in particular those with physical needs, severe learning difficulties, profound and multiple learning difficulties, specific communication and learning needs, visual impairment and hearing impairment, Speech and Language, complex medical conditions as well as Multi sensory autism.
These roles are to start on a bank/ supply basis, however there is potential for the role to become long term.
Your daily responsibilities will include:
- Supporting the class teacher with planning , monitoring and delivering creative lessons
- Acting as a positive role model and managing behaviour
- Ensuring a safe learning environment and approaching education with a child centred approach.
- Providing personal care when required
- Support with manual handling
- Support pupils to make good academic progress, under the direction of the teacher
- Set challenging and demanding expectations and promote self-esteem and independence
- Under the direction of a teacher implement group or 1:1 interventions to support pupils who have emotional or social barriers to learning
- Establish constructive relationships with pupils, acting as a role model and setting high expectations
- Promote the inclusion and acceptance of all pupils
- Understand Individual Education & Support Plans and assist to implement these, under the guidance of the teacher
The ideal candidate will have:
- A hard-working, energetic and flexible nature
- Happy to work on bank/ supply
- Clear communication skills
- A calm, understanding and consistent approach to working with children
- Experience supporting individuals with personal care and those with physical- medical requirements
- Ideally PECs, BSL, Makaton or TEACHH trained
- Experienced working with wheelchair users, physical requirements, communication difficulties, Autism and those who require specialised personal care.
- Level 2/ 3 - Teaching Assistant or Care Trained
Experienced TAs/LSAs, support workers, health care assistants, nursing staff and residential care providers are encouraged to apply.
The schools are looking to trial candidates for Immediate start dates!
For further information on this role/school, please do not hesitate to contact Carly Walters on, 0208 418 1390.
All applicants will require the appropriate qualification and training for this role. For teacher roles, we require a formally recognised teaching qualification. For Support staff our minimum requirement is GCSE English & Maths (A-C) or equivalent. A DBS on the update service is also required.